Re: Can not input large text data - Mailing list pgsql-general

From qk22@gmx.co.uk (qk22)
Subject Re: Can not input large text data
Date
Re: Can not input large text data  ("Johnny Jørgensen" <johnny@halfahead.dk>)
Re: Can not input large text data  ("Aasmund Midttun Godal" <postgresql@envisity.com>)
List pgsql-general
postgresql@envisity.com ("Aasmund Midttun Godal") wrote in message news:<20011024001923.22212.qmail@ns.krot.org>...
> Maybe this is a problem - take a look at your watch. See how long time it takes. then check out httpd.conf look for
timeout(probably 300 secs).

> Reagards,
>
> Aasmund
>
> On 20 Oct 2001 11:25:19 -0700, qk22@gmx.co.uk (qk22) wrote:
> > tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us (Tom Lane) wrote in message news:<25124.1003431283@sss.pgh.pa.us>...
> >
> > I am using phpPgAdmin2.3--(apache+php+pgsql) as the form interface to
> > input data within Netscape Navigator, in fact the text fields can
> > input data very well exceed the 8k and 32k limits. The problem is that
> > you still can not input data with fairly large size such as 7MB or
> > above, and I don't know if there is anything wrong with the database.

> Aasmund Midttun Godal
>
> aasmund@godal.com - http://www.godal.com/
> +47 40 45 20 46

I checked httpd.conf and found the "timeout" setting is 300, I tried
again and the error message in netscape appears immediately as
following:
______________________________________
A network error occurred while netscape
was sending data.
(Network Error: Connection reset by peer)

Try connection again
I want to know if there are some configuration changes that can be
made in order to enable the input of large text data though web
server.

Thank you

qk22