Re: Can not input large text data - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Aasmund Midttun Godal
Subject Re: Can not input large text data
Date
List pgsql-general
Well did you wait 300 secs or did it come immediately? because if you did then it is the webserver that cuts the
connectionbecause you have surpassed the timeout. Simply increasing the 300 value may work. however some browsers have
atimeout on their side too.

I believe that the problem is probably caused by something other than postgres, (it may be any number of things) just
tryswapping around a lot of different things and settings - try storing the file to disk instead - does that work? try
readingthe post input directly and see if it is all there? if it comes immediately - has it already transferred the 7
mb?try setting boobie-traps in your script - what is the size of the actual post? have you remembered to set the
appropriateenctype in the form ('multipart/form-data') there are simply too many things that can cause this. Try to
narrowthe problem down - and if it turns out to be postgres,  then I do not know what the problem might be - somebody
elsehere might though. I just uploaded a 10mb file through http into postgres - no problem.