Re: C99 compliance for src/port/snprintf.c - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: C99 compliance for src/port/snprintf.c
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 08/15/2018 12:17 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

>> Personally, I'd prefer to
>> continue avoiding // comments and intermingled declarations of
>> variables and code on grounds of style and readability.
> ... which I agree with.

A decade or so ago I would have strongly agreed with you. But the
language trend seems to be in the other direction. And there is
something to be said for declaration near use without having to use an
inner block. I'm not advocating that we change policy, however.

cheers

andrew