Re: pg_dump and ON DELETE CASCADE problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: pg_dump and ON DELETE CASCADE problem
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 1:21 PM, CG <cgg007@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not sure what you mean when you say I should restore to a file. Do you mean I should
dumpthe database to an SQL file instead of the "compressed" format?

> What do you think I will find?
>
> In the database dump, it is including a row that should be marked as deleted. I can select on that key in the
productiondatabase and get zero rows, and I can select on that key in the restored database and find the row. When I
ignoreerrors the data is restored, but the foreign key can't be created (and that is the only error I encounter). The
presenceof the data in the dump can not be contested... :)

This could be a corrupted index problem maybe?  If you do this:

set enable_indexscan=off;
select * from table where key=value;

does it still not show up?