Re: pg_dump and ON DELETE CASCADE problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From CG
Subject Re: pg_dump and ON DELETE CASCADE problem
Date
Re: pg_dump and ON DELETE CASCADE problem  (Adrian Klaver <aklaver@comcast.net>)
Re: pg_dump and ON DELETE CASCADE problem  (Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not sure what you mean when you say I should restore to a file. Do you mean I should
dumpthe database to an SQL file instead of the "compressed" format?

What do you think I will find?

In the database dump, it is including a row that should be marked as deleted. I can select on that key in the
productiondatabase and get zero rows, and I can select on that key in the restored database and find the row. When I
ignoreerrors the data is restored, but the foreign key can't be created (and that is the only error I encounter). The
presenceof the data in the dump can not be contested... :)