Re: Only MONO/WinForms is a way to go - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tomi N/A
Subject Re: Only MONO/WinForms is a way to go
Date
List pgsql-general
2006/11/29, Guy Rouillier <guyr@masergy.com>:
> John DeSoi wrote:
> > There are supposedly some native Mono toolkits for
> > the Mac, but I have yet to see any Mac application that uses it.
>
> I'm aware there is substantial anti-Java bias here, but the Standard
> Widget Toolkit (SWT) uses native widgets on all platforms.  I've never
> had occasion to use it, but that would seem to be an attractive option
> for a cross-platform GUI.

<notreally disclaimer="possibly a year and a half outdated information">
No, not really.
It should really be called the Standard Windows Toolkit so that it
reflects the fact that it's far from industrial quality on any other
platform (except possibly Mac). Unless things have changed, it should
be easy to see what I mean if you create a simple benchmark of GUI
operations speed.
Furthermore, I'm not sure SWT exist for platforms other than Win32,
Mac and Linux.
</notreally>

t.n.a.