Re: Version 8.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bob Pawley
Subject Re: Version 8.1
Date
List pgsql-general
I may as well bite the bullet.

Is this the syntax to use ???

 CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION p_id.loopnumber()
 RETURNS "trigger" AS $$

 Update p_id.loop_sequence
 Set function_ = library.devices.designation
 From p_id.loops
 where p_id.loop_sequence.monitor = p_id.devices.devices_id
 and p_id.devices.device_number = library.devices.device_number ;

  RETURN NULL;
 END;
 $$
 LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' ;

 CREATE TRIGGER loopnumbering AFTER INSERT ON p_id.loops
 FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE p_id.loopnumber();