Re: Version 8.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: Version 8.1
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 2006-11-29 at 15:31 -0800, Bob Pawley wrote:
> I may as well bite the bullet.

If you're going to migrate to 8.1, you might consider migrating to 8.2
since it's almost released. That depends on your timeline though; 8.1 is
a safer bet if you need stability now.

> Is this the syntax to use ???
>
>  CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION p_id.loopnumber()
>  RETURNS "trigger" AS $$
>
>  Update p_id.loop_sequence
>  Set function_ = library.devices.designation
>  From p_id.loops
>  where p_id.loop_sequence.monitor = p_id.devices.devices_id
>  and p_id.devices.device_number = library.devices.device_number ;
>
>   RETURN NULL;
>  END;
>  $$
>  LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' ;
>
>  CREATE TRIGGER loopnumbering AFTER INSERT ON p_id.loops
>  FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE p_id.loopnumber();

I think you need library.devices and p_id.devices in the fromlist. Also,
why is p_id.loops in the fromlist if it's not a part of the WHERE?

Regards,
    Jeff Davis