Re: CREATE TABLE ( .. STORAGE ..) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: CREATE TABLE ( .. STORAGE ..)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 11.07.22 11:27, Aleksander Alekseev wrote:
>>> Here is a patch updated according to all the recent feedback, except
>>> for two suggestions:
>>
>> In v4 I forgot to list possible arguments for STORAGE in
>> alter_table.sgml, similarly as it is done for other subcommands. Here
>> is a corrected patch.
>
> Here is the rebased patch.

The "safety check: do not allow toasted storage modes unless column
datatype is TOAST-aware" could be moved into GetAttributeStorage(), so
it doesn't have to be repeated.  (Note that GetAttributeCompression()
does similar checking.)

ATExecSetStorage() currently doesn't do any such check, and your patch
isn't adding one.  Is there a reason for that?