Re: postgresql replication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vlad
Subject Re: postgresql replication
Date
Re: postgresql replication
List pgsql-general
the number one aim at the moment is to have "always-up-to-date" copy
of our main DB with minial performance impact on replication (as I
guess, single master - slave setup will work the best in this case).
Eventually I it's likely that we'll want to unload the database server
by splitting requests between two+ servers, and in this case having
multi-master setup will be more convenient to have, I think.

so at the point any of slony and pgcluster works for me, but before I
start messing with any, I wanted to hear real users opninon about
those (or different) packages :)

--
Vlad