Re: Protecting stored procedures - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Gould
Subject Re: Protecting stored procedures
Date
Re: Protecting stored procedures
List pgsql-general
We wouldn't make any of the system users a superuser in Postgres and in my
20+ years experience in the industry we provide software for, the
possibility of having any users of the system that are able to hack or even
understand what they have if they were able to is slim.  I understand that
anything can be reverse engineered.  I had a relationship with a Russian
program several years ago that could take the compile C modules, reverse
engineer them to assembler and then back to the original C code to find and
report bugs.  That being said I don't worry too much about those types.

Best Regards

Michael Gould