Re: database backup throws errors - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: database backup throws errors
Date
List pgsql-general
"Michael Molz" <michael.molz@iwm-software.de> writes:
> we´re running PostgreSQL 8.4.7 for an CRM System on a Linux machine. Database contains about 540 tables with summary
about2.5 million records. Since this weeks the backup stops with an error message always at the same table. It´s
irrelevantwhat tool we use to backup (pgAdmin III, pg_dump from a windows client; backup on the Linux machine directly,
...),error stays the same.

> The log contains the following lines:
> 2011-04-05 17:57:35 CEST LOG:  SSL-error: unsafe legacy renegotiation disabled

That looks like your problem --- the SSL library is breaking the connection.

> Furthermore, I found a hint to the SSL connection problem. It was recommended to add the parameter
ssl_renegotiation_limitwith value 0 to postgresql.conf to turn off the SSL renegotiation. As I do this, database system
willnot start again.

And that's the solution (at least till you can get hold of a non-broken
SSL library).  What do you mean by "database system will not start"?
An 8.4.7 server should definitely accept that parameter.

            regards, tom lane