Re: autovacuum process blocks without reporting a deadlock - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Chille
Subject Re: autovacuum process blocks without reporting a deadlock
Date
List pgsql-general
On Nov 27, 2007 3:14 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
hat are the column headings?  I find this difficult to read.

> Please post the whole of pg_locks.  I may be missing something but I
> think we're missing part of the picture here.  Autovacuum does not seem
> to be locking on anything.

Unfortunately i logged the pg_locks-state not well formated. i added
now the heading manually. maybe it is better or i have to wait till
tomorrow morning.

but what i think i can see, is that the process with pid 9317 is
holding a ShareUpdateExclusiveLock

locktype   |  database       |  relation       |   transaction |  pid
|  mode                             |  granted
relation    |  75685778    | 75686189   |    9009323    |   9317   |
ShareUpdateExclusiveLock | t

and process with pid 9293 is waiting to get AccessExclusiveLock on the
same relation:

relation    |  75685778    | 75686189   |    9009312    |   9293   |
AccessShareLock |  f

... and 9317 is the autvacuumprocess?

afterkiling it, erything is fine.

i attached the full pg_lock.