Re: [hibernate-team] PostgreSQLDialect - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Dunstan
Subject Re: [hibernate-team] PostgreSQLDialect
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Nov 12, 2007 1:08 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> If we do this, then it looks like we can hack this file also
> http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/hibernate/core/trunk/core/src/main/java/org/hibernate/dialect/DialectFactory.java

Oh, that's nice. Unfortunately, though. it only seems to support major
version number differentiation as an int. Apparently the idea that you
might have a version number like 8.3 didn't occur to whoever wrote it,
although to be fair it looks like the only implementation that
actually uses it is Oracle, where that assumption probably holds.
Probably wouldn't be that hard to hack to our purposes though...

Cheers

Tom