Re: [hibernate-team] PostgreSQLDialect - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Dunstan
Subject Re: [hibernate-team] PostgreSQLDialect
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> All of this should work for functions, but operators are a whole
> different story. I strongly suspect that someone is not going to be
> able to use e.g. @@ in a HQL query. Are there ways to do tsearch type
> queries just using functions and more standard operators?

Of course, if someone's using tsearch then they've already thrown
database agnosticism out the window, so they could always just knock
up a native SQL query directly. But it can get quite fiddly if there
are a lot of fields coming back in the result set - that's why it
would be nice if hibernate could handle these cases itself.

Cheers

Tom