Processing Delay - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Lawson (mshindo)
Subject Processing Delay
Date
Re: Processing Delay  (Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>)
Re: Processing Delay  (Sam Jas <samjas33@yahoo.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,

We have a problem with a relatively small database at the moment that is resulting in delays times between insertions and retrievals. An update is applied to a single entry in a table and almost straight after that the same record is read.

The problem we are encountering is a delay before we can read the updated value. This delay can be up to 15 seconds in some cases.

We are inserting and retrieving data using JDBC, and the database in its current state is relatively small. What can we do to tweak this and reduce the apparent update time.

Regards

--
Michael Lawson (mshindo)