Re: Processing Delay - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sam Jas
Subject Re: Processing Delay
Date
List pgsql-general
I suspect the issue is with the memories.
Is it possible for you to send us the following details.

(1) size of database you are managing on cluster ?
(2) postgresql.conf file
(3) Total RAM/ SHMMAX
(4) query which is taking more time.

--
Thanks
Sam Jas

--- On Wed, 25/11/09, Michael Lawson (mshindo) <michael@sphinix.com> wrote:

From: Michael Lawson (mshindo) <michael@sphinix.com>
Subject: [GENERAL] Processing Delay
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Date: Wednesday, 25 November, 2009, 12:38 AM

Hi,

We have a problem with a relatively small database at the moment that is resulting in delays times between insertions and retrievals. An update is applied to a single entry in a table and almost straight after that the same record is read.

The problem we are encountering is a delay before we can read the updated value. This delay can be up to 15 seconds in some cases.

We are inserting and retrieving data using JDBC, and the database in its current state is relatively small. What can we do to tweak this and reduce the apparent update time.

Regards

--
Michael Lawson (mshindo)