Re: Processing Delay - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christophe Pettus
Subject Re: Processing Delay
Date
List pgsql-general
On Nov 24, 2009, at 4:38 PM, Michael Lawson (mshindo) wrote:
> The problem we are encountering is a delay before we can read the
> updated value. This delay can be up to 15 seconds in some cases.

Is the delay a block (that is, you insert the value, and then the
SELECT that should retrieve it takes up to 15 seconds to execute), or
are you still seeing the old value for 15 seconds after the INSERT?

If the former, how heavily loaded is the database server, and what
does an EXPLAIN ANALYZE say about the SELECT?

If the latter, is the SELECT in the same or a different client
connection?
--
-- Christophe Pettus
    xof@thebuild.com