Re: Porting CRM Application to Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From usleepless@gmail.com
Subject Re: Porting CRM Application to Postgres
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Rich,

although i have no experience with xrms, i have converted a few
applications ( including php ) to postgresql.

i compiled php without mysql support, and implemented these functions
as wrappers for postgresql function calls in a separate module(file).

then i do a search replace on the incoming sql-statements to make them
postgresql compliant runtime.

also in contrib, there is mysql-compatibility package ( lots of
mysql-function-implementations/wrappers ).

regards,

usleep