Re: Pipeline mode and PQpipelineSync() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Boris Kolpackov
Subject Re: Pipeline mode and PQpipelineSync()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera <alvaro.herrera@2ndquadrant.com> writes:

> To be honest, I am hesitant to changing the charter in that way; I fear
> it may have consequences I don't foresee.  I think the workaround is not
> *that* bad.

Ok, fair enough. I've updated my code to account for this and it seems
to be working fine now.

> I'm having a bit of trouble documenting this.  I modified the paragraph in the
> pipeline mode docs to read:
>
>     <para>
>      operate as normal when processing pipeline results.  Note that if no
>      queries are pending receipt of the corresponding results,
>      <function>PQisBusy</function> returns 0.
>     </para>

How about the following for the second sentence:

"In particular, a call to <function>PQisBusy</function> in the middle
of a pipeline returns 0 if all the results for queries issued so far
have been consumed."