Re: i need informarion regarding functions and arrays... - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Aaron Bono
Subject Re: i need informarion regarding functions and arrays...
Date
List pgsql-sql
On 8/2/06, Penchalaiah P. <penchalaiahp@infics.com> wrote:

Hi good evening to all……..

Rcid    value

1                     yes

2                     no

3                     yes

4                     yes

5                     no

6                     yes

7                     no

8                     yes

9                     no

10                 yes

11                 no

12                 no

this is the front end screen they will enter all these 12 in  values… then they will press save button… these values have to be store in rnt table… can u tell me how to store all these 12 values at a time in rnt table…

but I written one function for this but it is accepting only one value at a time to insert…

this is the function…

create or replace function rentfunc(in_rcid int4,in_value varchar) as '

begin

insert into rnt(racid,auditorvalue) values ($1,$2);
end;
'language'plpgsql';

If any one knows how to store all these 12 values in a rnt table… let me know …..

Why not just do a loop and run 12 separate inserts (or 12 separate calls to the function)?

   Aaron Bono
   Aranya Software Technologies, Inc.
   http://www.aranya.com