Re: Problem while using lo_import and lo_export - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Aaron Bono
Subject Re: Problem while using lo_import and lo_export
Date
List pgsql-sql
On 8/2/06, Penchalaiah P. <penchalaiahp@infics.com> wrote:

Hi,

I have PostgresSQL database connection from server. Server ip is 172.16.5.179

Now I want use lo_import and  lo_export function for storing images into the database.

This images is located in my system itself.

When I am going using the following query…

Insert into image values('chanukya',lo_import('D:/Vivek/Personal/PICS/IN/chanukya.jpg'))

….it rises error 'no such file or directory'

Looks like you are running on a Windows machine.  Did you try:

Insert into image values('chanukya',lo_import('D:\Vivek\Personal\PICS\IN\chanukya.jpg'));

Windows uses \, not /.  I am not sure if PostgreSQL will translate for you like Java does.

   Aaron Bono
   Aranya Software Technologies, Inc.
   http://www.aranya.com