Re: Problem while using lo_import and lo_export - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Rodrigo De León
Subject Re: Problem while using lo_import and lo_export
Date
List pgsql-sql
On 8/2/06, Aaron Bono <postgresql@aranya.com> wrote:
> On 8/2/06, Penchalaiah P. <penchalaiahp@infics.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> > I have PostgresSQL database connection from server. Server ip is
> 172.16.5.179
> >

> > Now I want use lo_import and  lo_export function for storing images into
> the database.
> >

> > This images is located in my system itself.
> >

> > When I am going using the following query…
> >

> > Insert into image
> values('chanukya',lo_import('D:/Vivek/Personal/PICS/IN/chanukya.jpg'))
> >

> > ….it rises error 'no such file or directory'
>
> Looks like you are running on a Windows machine.  Did you try:
>
> Insert into image
> values('chanukya',lo_import('D:\Vivek\Personal\PICS\IN\chanukya.jpg'));
>
> Windows uses \, not /.  I am not sure if PostgreSQL will translate for you
> like Java does.

I believe PostgreSQL accepts slashes as a separator on Win32 (I used
it that way with COPY), but if you want to use backslashes, you have
to escape them:

INSERT INTO IMAGE
VALUES ('chanukya', lo_import('D:\\Vivek\\Personal\\PICS\\IN\\chanukya.jpg'));

Also, I'm not sure if Penchalaiah means that "Server" = "my system
itself", double check on that.

Regards,

Rodrigo