Re: characters converted to ??? in postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: characters converted to ??? in postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
On 1/11/18 20:52, armand pirvu wrote:
> The -n flag worked fine on OS X. I don’t have this issue on Centos. As a side question I wonder why was postgres
builtwith libedit instead of libreadline , just curious.

You'll have to ask that of whoever built the binaries you are using.
There are different sources.

libedit is part of the macOS operating system, whereas libreadline has
to be obtained separately, so that's probably a reason.

> Back to my developer issue , he is using what he calls a data object in java. Apparently this is the place where this
badconversion happens, in other words it passes to the backend the ?? characters

> Any similar trick I could use on the postgres jdbc driver ?

That appears to be a completely separate issue.