Re: characters converted to ??? in postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From armand pirvu
Subject Re: characters converted to ??? in postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
Yes it appears to be a separate issue but using OS X is the only way I could reproduce trying to see with my own eyes
soto speak
I did though a quick java program and that confirmed to me (at least so far) that the whole issue resides in the so
calleddata object

Thank you so much for help and insight

— Armand

> On Jan 12, 2018, at 8:10 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>
> On 1/11/18 20:52, armand pirvu wrote:
>> The -n flag worked fine on OS X. I don’t have this issue on Centos. As a side question I wonder why was postgres
builtwith libedit instead of libreadline , just curious.

> You'll have to ask that of whoever built the binaries you are using.
> There are different sources.
>
> libedit is part of the macOS operating system, whereas libreadline has
> to be obtained separately, so that's probably a reason.
>
>> Back to my developer issue , he is using what he calls a data object in java. Apparently this is the place where
thisbad conversion happens, in other words it passes to the backend the ?? characters