Re: characters converted to ??? in postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From armand pirvu
Subject Re: characters converted to ??? in postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Peter

The -n flag worked fine on OS X. I don’t have this issue on Centos. As a side question I wonder why was postgres built
withlibedit instead of libreadline , just curious.
Back to my developer issue , he is using what he calls a data object in java. Apparently this is the place where this
badconversion happens, in other words it passes to the backend the ?? characters
Any similar trick I could use on the postgres jdbc driver ?

Will report more once I find more from him

Many thanks
Armand