Re: Postgresql to Delphi - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrej Ricnik-Bay
Subject Re: Postgresql to Delphi
Date
List pgsql-general
On 3/21/07, Bob Pawley <rjpawley@shaw.ca> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have posed this question to the Delphi list but they don't appear to be
> able to help.
>
> I am attempting to have the information in a PostgreSQL database table
> trigger a function in Delphi.
I believe that you'd need to have an untrusted language binding
to be able to call code that's not within postgres, and as far as I
know (I know very little about supported languages, though) there's
no Pascal/Delphi language support.

> At present the delphi application is triggered by a mouseup on a TImage
> file, residing in a notebook,  through an alias
> (DeviceNotebookMouseUpAlias). I want to have the Postgres use this alias to
> trigger the function.
>
> Could someone point me to any literature that would help me with this
> project?
What are you trying to achieve?

> Bob Pawley
Cheers,
Andrej

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :}  Make your quotes concise.