Re: Add RANGE with values and exclusions clauses to the WindowFunctions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Erikjan Rijkers
Subject Re: Add RANGE with values and exclusions clauses to the WindowFunctions
Date
Re: Add RANGE with values and exclusions clauses to the Window Functions  (Oliver Ford <ojford@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 2017-11-24 15:11, Oliver Ford wrote:
> Adds RANGE BETWEEN with a start and end value, as well as an
> exclusions clause, to the window functions. This partially resolves
> TODO list item "Implement full support for window framing clauses".

[0001-window-frame-v1.patch]

(debian 8)

make check fails:
     foreign_data             ... ok     window                   ... FAILED     xmlmap                   ... ok

The diff is:

$ ( cd
/var/data1/pg_stuff/pg_sandbox/pgsql.frame_range/src/test/regress && cat
regression.diffs )
***
/var/data1/pg_stuff/pg_sandbox/pgsql.frame_range/src/test/regress/expected/window.out       2017-11-24
15:36:15.387573714+0100

---
/var/data1/pg_stuff/pg_sandbox/pgsql.frame_range/src/test/regress/results/window.out        2017-11-24
15:38:35.290553157+0100

***************
*** 1034,1043 ****  (10 rows)
  SELECT pg_get_viewdef('v_window');
!                 pg_get_viewdef
! ----------------------------------------------
!   SELECT i.i,                                +
!      sum(i.i) OVER (ORDER BY i.i) AS sum_rows+      FROM generate_series(1, 10) i(i);  (1 row)

--- 1034,1043 ----  (10 rows)
  SELECT pg_get_viewdef('v_window');
!                                     pg_get_viewdef
!
!   SELECT i.i,                                                                         +
!      sum(i.i) OVER (ORDER BY i.i ROWS BETWEEN 1 PRECEDING AND 1
FOLLOWING) AS sum_rows+      FROM generate_series(1, 10) i(i);  (1 row)

This small hickup didn't prevent building an instance but obviously I
haven't done any real tests yet.

thanks,

Erik Rijkers