Re: [HACKERS] Restrict concurrent update/delete with UPDATE ofpartition key - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Restrict concurrent update/delete with UPDATE ofpartition key
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 6:48 AM, amul sul <sulamul@gmail.com> wrote:
> And remaining are EvalPlanQualFetch, ExecOnConflictUpdate,
> RelationFindReplTupleByIndex & RelationFindReplTupleSeq.  Note that check in
> RelationFindReplTupleByIndex & RelationFindReplTupleSeq will have LOG not an
> ERROR.

The first one is going to come up when you have, for example, two
concurrent updates targeting the same row, and the second one when you
have an ON CONFLICT UPDATE clause.  I guess the latter two are
probably related to logical replication, and maybe not easy to test
via an automated regression test.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company