Re: Information about storge engine in PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kevin Barnard
Subject Re: Information about storge engine in PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
PostgreSQL uses it's own internal storage engine.  It doesn not
support multiple one.  As for splitting files accross partitions this
is a feature of version 8.0 called tablespaces.

http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/manage-ag-tablespaces.html

Should get you pointed in the right direction.