Is it possible to remove the public schema? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Henry Combrinck
Subject Is it possible to remove the public schema?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello all

I've been approached by the development people about removing the 'public'
schema.  They complain about having to manually remove the 'public_' tag
from table names generated by their development software whenever they
link to PG via ODBC.

Renaming or using another schema is not what they're after either.

1.  If it is possible to remove the public schema, what are the
ramifications to existing databases in our system (ie, will a dump/restore
be required, etc)?

2.  If it's not possible, can it be done via the ODBC driver?

Thanks
Henry

This message was sent using MetroWEB's AirMail service.
http://www.metroweb.co.za/ - full access for only R73.
Free Web Accelerator, WebMail, Calendar, Anti-Virus,
Anti-Spam, 10 emails, 100MB personal webspace, and more!
Phone Now!  086 11 11 440