Information about storge engine in PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From nd02tsk@student.hig.se
Subject Information about storge engine in PostgreSQL
Date
Re: Information about storge engine in PostgreSQL  (Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca>)
Re: Information about storge engine in PostgreSQL  (Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com>)
Re: Information about storge engine in PostgreSQL  (Karsten Hilbert <Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net>)
Re: Information about storge engine in PostgreSQL  (Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hello

MySQL has information about several storage engines. MEMORY to handle
temporary tables, InnoDB to handle transactions and which also can split
its table data over several files/partitions. Splitting of storage is
something which according to the following article, PostgreSQL does not
support:

http://www.devx.com/dbzone/Article/20743

But I cannot verify this due to lack of information. I haven't found any
similar information about the storage engine used by PostgreSQL which I
think is called Postgres.

Do you know of any places where this information can be obtained?

Thank you.