Re: Table update: restore or replace? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: Table update: restore or replace?
Date
Re: Table update: restore or replace?
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 14 May 2019, Adrian Klaver wrote:

> Does the table you overwrote the data change much?

Adrian,

Yes. It's in my business tracking database so it's updated almost every day.

> If not it might be safer to just fetch it from the April 20th dump and
> then apply the changes since then.

The column I FUBAR'd holds e-mail addresses. What I'll do is set all to NULL
and find the e-mail addresses I have external to the database and enter them
in a large UPDATE TABLE.

And I think I'll set up a cron job to do a database dump each day with the
date appended to the file name in the bash shell script.

Thanks,

Rich