Re: Table update: restore or replace? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Table update: restore or replace?
Date
Re: Table update: restore or replace?
List pgsql-general
On 5/14/19 1:59 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Tue, 14 May 2019, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>
>> A file level backup or database dump?
>
> Adrian,
>
> File level. April 20th is my most recent database dump because I forgot to
> run it last Friday afternoon.

Does the table you overwrote the data change much?

If not it might be safer to just fetch it from the April 20th dump and
then apply the changes since then.

If you where to restore at the file level I would:

1) Stop the server.

2) Move the existing content of /var/lib/pgsql/10/data/ somewhere else
just to be safe.

3) Copy in the backup.

--
Adrian Klaver