Re: Re: Table update: restore or replace? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brad Nicholson
Subject Re: Re: Table update: restore or replace?
Date
List pgsql-general

> From: Rich Shepard <rshepard@appl-ecosys.com>
> To: pgsql-general@lists.postgresql.org
> Date: 05/14/2019 05:19 PM
> Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Table update: restore or replace?

> And I think I'll set up a cron job to do a database dump each day with the
> date appended to the file name in the bash shell script.

Might I suggest you setup proper backups with continuous archiving instead?  If you had those, you would be able to restore this database back to the point right before you issued the bad update statement.

I'd highly recommend pgBackRest for the task.

Brad.