Re: psql symbol lookup error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: psql symbol lookup error
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 14 Dec 2010, Merlin Moncure wrote:

> you have an older version of libpq in your library path, probably in
> /usr/lib.

Merlin,

   Sure enough.

> and it should work. It's probably not a good idea to permanently set
> your library path this way via the environment, google osx library
> path.

   OSX only works on Apple's stuff. Regardless, ... I still have to clean up
after upgrading from 8.3.3 in /var/lib/pgsql to 9.0.1 in /usr/local/pgsql.

   I've made softlinks from /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.so.5.3 to
/usr/lib/libpq.so and /usr/lib/libpq.so.5. Still see issues:

[rshepard@salmo ~]$ psql aesi
psql: error while loading shared libraries: libpq.so.5: cannot open shared
object file: Permission denied

   Perms on the links /usr/lib/libpq.so.5 are 777 (owned by root.root); on
/usr/local/pgsql/ they are the same.

   Continued pointers to solutions appreciated.

Thanks,

Rich