Simple, free PG GUI/query tool wanted - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gauthier, Dave
Subject Simple, free PG GUI/query tool wanted
Date
Re: Simple, free PG GUI/query tool wanted  (mark_r <meshtalik@hotmail.com>)
List pgsql-general

Hi:

I'm trying to find a simple, easy-to-use, open (free), Windows based query tool for PG.  This would be something for the novice end user, a means to build a query, execute it, export results out to a csv or Excel or something like that. Tools with metadata editors are actually undesirable (they don't need it, will just serve to get the confussed, could give them info that would get them into trouble).  GOing through ODBC is undesirable, but understandable if there are no other options.

I've looked through the Community_Guide_to_PostgreSQL_GUI_Tools but found nothing that foots that bill (but I may have missed something).  I'm looking for something similar to MySQL's "Query Browser" or SQLyog.