Re: [HACKERS] REINDEX CONCURRENTLY 2.0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: [HACKERS] REINDEX CONCURRENTLY 2.0
Date
Re: [HACKERS] REINDEX CONCURRENTLY 2.0  (Andreas Karlsson <andreas@proxel.se>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 2/28/17 11:21 AM, Andreas Karlsson wrote:
> The only downside I can see to this approach is that we no logner will
> able to reindex catalog tables concurrently, but in return it should be
> easier to confirm that this approach can be made work.

Another downside is any stored regclass fields will become invalid.
Admittedly that's a pretty unusual use case, but it'd be nice if there
was at least a way to let users fix things during the rename phase
(perhaps via an event trigger).
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)