Re: [HACKERS] 2017-03 Commitfest In Progress - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] 2017-03 Commitfest In Progress
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 4:42 AM, David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> wrote:
>> The 2017-03 commitfest is now in progress.  Here's the breakdown:
>>
>> Needs review: 128
>> Waiting on Author: 26
>> Ready for Committer: 26
>> Total: 180

> Not quite a record haul but close.

Indeed.  As usual, a depressingly large number of patches appeared out of
the woodwork in the last few days before the deadline, and more than a
couple of those seem to be clear violations of our rule about "no major
new features should first appear during the last commitfest".

I think we should have a discussion about which patches need to be booted
to the next CF (ie, first of the v11 cycle) without further attention now.
ISTM it would be quite unfair if patches that have been in the queue for
much longer fail to get into v10 because johnny-come-lately patches
consumed reviewer and committer bandwidth.