Re: Collation version tracking for macOS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: Collation version tracking for macOS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2022-11-30 at 09:00 +1300, Thomas Munro wrote:
> I'm struggling to understand what's new about proposal #6.

Perhaps it's just a slight variant; I'm not sure. It's not a complete
proposal yet.

The difference I had in mind is that it would treat the built-in ICU
differently from what is found in icu_library_path. I think that could
remove confusion over what happens when you upgrade the system's ICU
library.

--
Jeff Davis
PostgreSQL Contributor Team - AWS