Access a newer Version of PGDB (v13) with an older libpq (v10 x86) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Wolfgang Rißler
Subject Access a newer Version of PGDB (v13) with an older libpq (v10 x86)
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello community,

we are (unfortunately) on windows with our DB and our application.
Now we want to switch to a new version of Postgres, because we want to
use logical replication (to replace our old Postgres 8.3 with
slony-replication).

The problem is, that our application (IDE MS-VisualStudio, C++) has to
be 32bit, because of some old 32bit-dll's, which we cant kick out at the
moment.
So I compiled a libpqxx with the last 32bit libpq (which is v10).

I tried to access a PostgresDB 64bit v10, and it worked very nice.
So my question is, could (or should) we rather use PostgresDB v13 (to
get the newest) or should we stay on PostgresDB v10 (to be more
compatible to our libpq/libpqxx).

Thank you,
woelfchen72

--