Re: Re: BUG #15489: Segfault on DELETE - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Frederico Costa Galvão
Subject Re: Re: BUG #15489: Segfault on DELETE
Date
Re: BUG #15489: Segfault on DELETE  (Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp>)
List pgsql-bugs
I stumbled upon this issue yesterday, and trying to reduce and pinpoint
it, I managed to get to this:

//start
CREATE TABLE a (
     id bigint
);

INSERT INTO a (id) VALUES (1); -- this id's value doesn't matter

ALTER TABLE ONLY a
     ADD CONSTRAINT a_pkey PRIMARY KEY (id);

CREATE TABLE b (
     a_id bigint
);

ALTER TABLE ONLY b
     ADD CONSTRAINT b_a_id_fkey FOREIGN KEY (a_id) REFERENCES a(id);

ALTER TABLE a ADD x BOOLEAN NOT NULL DEFAULT FALSE; -- or TRUE, doesn't
matter

-- VACUUM FULL ANALYZE a; -- uncomment this to fix the bug

DELETE FROM a;
//end

This was the bare minimum I could get to reproduce the segfault on a
portable way. It's something between foreign keys pointing to tables
that have gone through the new no-table-rewrite handling of nonnull
columns with non-volatile default values.

Also, VACUUM ANALYZE itself didn't fix the corrupted data: it needs to
be FULL.

I'm on <Xubuntu 16.04 x86_64>, with <psql (PostgreSQL) 11.0 (Ubuntu
11.0-1.pgdg16.04+2)>.
I have some simple custom settings on postgresql.conf that I don't think
are related to the issue, but I'm willing to provide if needed.

---

Frederico Costa Galvão