Re: is_superuser is not documented - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: is_superuser is not documented
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar  2, 2023 at 12:00:43PM -0500, Joseph Koshakow wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 2, 2023 at 11:53 AM Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@oss.nttdata.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >    On 2022/09/14 14:27, bt22kawamotok wrote:
> >    > I update patch to reflect master update.
> >
> >    Thanks for updating the patch!
> >
> >    +       <para>
> >    +        Shows whether the current user is a superuser or not.
> >    +       </para>
> >
> >    How about adding the note about when this parameter can change,
> >    like we do for in_hot_standby docs?  I applied this change to the patch.
> >    Attached is the updated version of the patch.
> >

> I just came across this thread and noticed that the patch was never
> merged. There is some brief docs for is_superuser in the SHOW docs:
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-show.html, but the GUC
> fields were never updated.
>
> Is there a reason that it never got merged or was it just forgotten
> about?

Uh, where are you looking?  I see it in the SGML, and in the PG 15 docs:

    https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-show.html

    IS_SUPERUSER

        True if the current role has superuser privileges.

  Embrace your flaws.  They make you human, rather than perfect,
  which you will never be.