Re: is_superuser is not documented - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joseph Koshakow
Subject Re: is_superuser is not documented
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Mar 2, 2023 at 11:53 AM Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:

>    On 2022/09/14 14:27, bt22kawamotok wrote:
>    > I update patch to reflect master update.
>
>    Thanks for updating the patch!
>
>    +       <para>
>    +        Shows whether the current user is a superuser or not.
>    +       </para>
>
>    How about adding the note about when this parameter can change,
>    like we do for in_hot_standby docs?  I applied this change to the patch.
>    Attached is the updated version of the patch.

I just came across this thread and noticed that the patch was never
merged. There is some brief docs for is_superuser in the SHOW docs:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-show.html, but the GUC
fields were never updated.

Is there a reason that it never got merged or was it just forgotten
about?

- Joe Koshakow