Re: Combine pg_walinspect till_end_of_wal functions with others - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Combine pg_walinspect till_end_of_wal functions with others
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 07, 2023 at 12:42:20PM +0800, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
> ah right I should have checked. but the same ABI compatibility concern
> still exists for version 1.0 of the extension.

Yes, we'd better make sure that the past code is able to run, at
least.  Now I am not really convinced that we have the need to enforce
an error with the new code even if 1.0 is still installed, so as it is
possible to remove all the traces of the code that triggers errors if
an end LSN is higher than the current insert LSN for primaries or
replayed LSN for standbys.
--
Michael

Attachment