Re: Combine pg_walinspect till_end_of_wal functions with others - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Julien Rouhaud
Subject Re: Combine pg_walinspect till_end_of_wal functions with others
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 7 Mar 2023, 12:36 Michael Paquier, <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 07, 2023 at 09:13:46AM +0800, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
> It's problematic to install the extension if we rely on upgrade scripts only.
> We could also provide a pg_walinspect--1.2.sql file and it would just work, and
> that may have been a good idea if there wasn't also the problem of people still
> having the version 1.1 locally installed, as we don't want them to see random
> failures like "could not find function ... in file ...", or keeping the ability
> to install the former 1.1 version (with those functions bypassed).

Why would we need a 1.2?  HEAD is the only branch with pg_walinspect
1.1, and it has not been released yet.

ah right I should have checked. but the same ABI compatibility concern still exists for version 1.0 of the extension.