Re: NumericShort vs NumericLong format - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: NumericShort vs NumericLong format
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I'll give this a go as a learning exercise for myself...

On Mon, Mar 6, 2023 at 8:47 PM Amin <amin.fallahi@gmail.com> wrote:

- How can I determine which format will be used for a numeric type?

(the three constants are decimal 63, 63, and -64 respectively)
- What the precision and scale values should be for pgsql to use the long format? Is there a threshold?

Ones that cause the linked-to test to return false I suppose.

David J.

As an aside, for anyone more fluent than I who reads this, is the use of the word "dynamic scale" in this code comment supposed to be "display scale"?