Re: pgsql: Add suport for server-side LZ4 base backup compression. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pgsql: Add suport for server-side LZ4 base backup compression.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Feb 12, 2022 at 05:16:03PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> It looks to me like somebody figured it didn't need any more support
> than gzip/bzip2, which is wrong on a couple of grounds:
> * hardly any modern platforms lack those, unlike lz4
> * we don't invoke either one of them during testing, only when
>   you explicitly ask to make a compressed tarball
>
> I think adding an explicit PGAC_PATH_PROGS would be worth the cycles.

Well, this somebody is I, and the buildfarm did not blow up on any of
that so that looked rather fine.  Adding a few cycles for this check
is fine by me.  What do you think of the attached?
--
Michael

Attachment