Re: [PoC] Improve dead tuple storage for lazy vacuum - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Masahiko Sawada
Subject Re: [PoC] Improve dead tuple storage for lazy vacuum
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Feb 13, 2022 at 11:02 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 2022-02-11 13:47:01 +0100, Matthias van de Meent wrote:
> > Today I noticed the inefficiencies of our dead tuple storage once
> > again, and started theorizing about a better storage method; which is
> > when I remembered that this thread exists, and that this thread
> > already has amazing results.
> >
> > Are there any plans to get the results of this thread from PoC to committable?
>
> I'm not currently planning to work on it personally. It'd would be awesome if
> somebody did...

Actually, I'm working on simplifying and improving radix tree
implementation for PG16 dev cycle. From the discussion so far I think
it's better to have a data structure that can be used for
general-purpose and is also good for storing TID, not very specific to
store TID. So I think radix tree would be a potent candidate. I have
done the insertion and search implementation.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada
EDB:  https://www.enterprisedb.com/