Re: improve pg_receivewal code - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: improve pg_receivewal code
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Here's the v2 with above modifications.

I was looking at this patch, and I agree that checking for the system
ID and the timeline by setting sysidentifier beforehand looks like an
improvement.

The extra IDENTIFY_SYSTEM done at the beginning of StreamLog() is not
a performance bottleneck as we run it only once for each loop.  I
don't really get the argument of a server replacing another one on the
same port requiring to rely only on the first system ID fetched before
starting the loops of StreamLog() calls.  So I would leave main()
alone, but fill in the system ID from RunIdentifySystem() in
StreamLog().
--
Michael

Attachment